Saturday 24 January 2009

A poem I wrote quite a while back.

Empty


My world keeps spinning round and I keep falling down.

I wake each morning to a mirror, a stranger with a frown.


It's funny when I feel like hanging from a rope.

What's funnier is when I've just lost all my hope.


But I'm not the one laughing, no, I don't even smile.

In fact I forgotten how to, it has been quite a while.


You know when something has gone? Lost, or forgotten.

I wish I was forgotten I would wish it again and again.


But then I never really had to wish, because I got what I wanted.

I feel like shot down prey. I think I'm being hunted.


And empty space fills my heart. My eyes have lost their shine.

So I'm sitting here writing to no-one. Writing nothing, line by line.


Your world keeps spinning round and I keep falling down.

I wake each morning to a mirror, a stranger with a frown.


-Eggy Mayers, wanna be writer.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com