Sunday 25 January 2009

Was I Meant To Take Your Place?

Was I meant to take your place, and stand up proud and tall?
When all I want to feel, is nothing at all.
Was I meant to be strong and not fall apart?
Was I meant to hold on, keep true emotions at heart?

Am I meant to be you? Do I take your place?
Do I stand up tall? Do I step back one pace?
Do I love you? I do.
Do I miss you? Times two.

I want to take your place, I want to make them proud.
I want to be you, so crazy and loud.
I want to make people smile, the same way you did.
I want to be twenty and act like a kid.

But I can't be you, no matter how hard I try.
So I'll just wait until the tears run dry.
Then one day I'll accept just being me.
I know it's not good enough, but I'll be who I'll be.

-Eggy Mayers, wanna be writer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so strange because I know what the inspiration of this poem is. And I'm sure she'd want you to be you. Because you carry her along, not herself anymore. She wasn't always proud of herself, but she'll always be proud of you, Tati. Just as I am.

Eggy Mayers said...

Thank you :).

 
design by suckmylolly.com