Wednesday 10 June 2009

Books!

So I wanna' talk about some books that I really like.

I may have read these a while ago... possibly because I recently discovered my hate for reading things that aren't online.
But anyway, these books are really worth a read and amazingly written.
-Side note-
I was thinking of starting a button just to practice the HTML that Lilu kindly emailed to me.
I'm aware it wont be very successful but oh well. =P

My button! So, here's the deal. If you're going to write about a book copy and paste this code. 
 And go ahead and let's get some kind of discussion going about with them.


These aren't in order of my favorite... (Although they are in order of which I remembered first. =X)


One. The Little Prisoner - by Jane Elliott
 
It's just not possible to not weep your eyes out in this book.
Such a sad but true story. Very disturbing and very heartbreaking. But what an amazing book to have written. Well done Jane Elliott! I truly admire your bravery. 








One. Skinny Dip - by Carl Hiaasen

This was just the wittiest and most amazing fiction book ever written. Carl Hiaasen who lives in Florida always sets his books in Florida. This one was about a women whose husband pushes her off a cruise ship to try and kill her. And it's all about her plotting her revenge while unravelling secrets he kept from her.




I'm only going to mention one more book. Which is more for the teens out there. (Like my ageish
 maybe a bit younger... in other words 13-16ish.)

Three. Junk - by Melvin Burgess
This book is about two teenagers who leave home, find a group of people to live with in an abandoned house. And it takes you through their journey of drugs and how it broke away real emotions. (Also, the boy in this story is nicknamed Tar. =3 That's the nickname of my significant other!)




-Eggy Mayers, wanna be writer.

6 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Reading IS sexy... especially with librarian glasses. ;-)

Eggy Mayers said...

Of course, how else would you read? =P

Anonymous said...

Ew...reading. :(

:P

Eggy Mayers said...

You love reading.

Anonymous said...

I do love reading. It seems you're getting a little bit of blog attention. :) Good job. Your writings are fantastic!

Eggy Mayers said...

=3 Lol thank you.

 
design by suckmylolly.com